Hashtags are the best way to reach a new audience on social media. Social media is about connecting people and hashtags show users other accounts that are related to or interested in the same things that they are. This list of November hashtags should give you some potential content.
If you know which ones are coming up, you can prepare content to promote a cause, share content, celebrate an event, or engage with a new audience.
We’ve put together a list of the top holidays and events to help you plan your editorial calendar.
They won’t all be right for your brand or industry but you can pick one that works, create a clever post, and raise awareness!
Monthly (November) Hashtags
World Vegan Month #VeganMonth
World Vegan Month was established in 1994 to commemorate the forward movement of the ideology, as well as the creation of The Vegan Society in the UK in November 50 years prior. Given the number of eaten dead, the date was selected to fall in line with Halloween and the Day of the Dead to honor those animals who had already passed under the unnecessary cause of supporting human life.
Native American Heritage Month #NativeAmericanHeritageMonth
In 1915, Red Fox James, a Native American of the Blackfoot nation, took it upon himself to ride a horse from state to state seeking approval from governments for a day to honor the “American Indian” but he received no support from the White House. It wasn’t until 1990 that George H.W. Bush declared the first official Native American Heritage Month. Since then, cultural sites, museums, and native tribal councils have organized events showcasing their rich and diverse culture and history so that it might be passed onto the next generation and continue to thrive.
Manatee Awareness Month #ManateeAwarenessMonth
Feeding, petting, and riding manatees are all things that can disrupt the natural day-to-day life of the manatee and impact their ability to survive. Not to mention speedboats that often tear through their environments and injure them before they have a chance to move. Manatee Awareness Month works to spread the news about these wonderfully gentle creatures and how to live side-by-side with them without bringing them harm or otherwise making worse their already endangered status.
Pomegranates are more than just a simple fruit, they’re packed of Vitamin C, dietary fiber, folate, and much more. They’re truly little treasure-troves of health and nutrition, with a reputation for being something of a miracle cure. Such wonderful rich and beautiful fruit deserves a celebration, and that’s what Pomegranate Month brings it.
Peanut Butter Lovers’ Month #PeanutButterLoversMonth
The modern history of peanut butter starts in 1884 when it was patented by the Montreal-based chemist (pharmacist) Marcellus Gilmore Edson. He developed it to ensure that those who had trouble chewing hard foods would be able to have a delicious way to get the nutrition they needed. In 1995, Peanut Butter Lovers’ Month came into existence and has been celebrated ever since in a month-long peanut butter bash!
National Novel Writing Month #NovelWritingMonth #NaNoWriMo
Novel Writing Month helps you eliminate your excuses to write a novel by encouraging you to set time aside every day to try your hand at the grand art of storytelling. The goal is a 50,000-word novel during the month of November, which seems quite daunting until you realize that that means just 1700 words a day.
Established in 1999, the first NaNoWriMo included just 21 people. Now, almost 20 years later, thousands of people all over the world participate in this amazing event that results in volumes of creative expression unlike any the world has ever seen.
Adoption Month #AdoptionMonth
Also called Adoption Awareness Month, it began in 1976 when Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis announced an Adoption Week to promote the need for families to adopt children in foster care. From there, the occasion became official under the presidency of Ronald Reagan in 1984. A few years later, in 1995, President Clinton proclaimed that Adoption Week should be changed to a month instead of a week because of the pressing need for children to be adopted. From there, President Clinton expanded the adoption process by allowing families to use the internet as a resource for adoption.
Movember started in Australia in 1999 when a group of young men decided that the middle of summer was a fantastic time to grow a beard (seasons are the opposite down there, remember). It all started, as most great ideas do, in a local pub and quickly came to contain a group of 80 men dedicated to raising awareness for men’s health issues and spreading this around the world. While it started with a focus on raising awareness about prostate cancer and depression, it would soon grow to include all men’s health issues.
Epilepsy Awareness Month #EpilepsyAwarenessMonth
The aim of this campaign is to get people talking about epilepsy and raise awareness of a condition that is the fourth most common neurological disease and affects 40 million people around the world.
Epilepsy can affect anyone and learning about epilepsy equips people with the knowledge and insight to support campaigns and assist those who display symptoms of seizures.
Stress Awareness Week #StressAwarenessWeek
November 4th – November 8th
Human-Animal Relationship Awareness Week #HumanAnimalRelationshipAwarenessWeek
November 11th – November 17th
Talk Money Week #TalkMoneyWeek
November 12th – November 18th
Road Safety Week #RoadSafetyWeek
November 18th – November 24th
A Blue Christmas #ABlueChristmas
November 22nd – December 31st
Daily (November) Hashtags
- French Fried Clam Day #FrenchFriedClamDay
- Vinegar Day #VinegarDay
- Scented Candle Day #ScentedCandleDay
- Love Your Lawyer Day #LoveYourLawyerDay
- Authors’ Day #AuthorsDay
- World Vegan Day #VeganDay
- Fountain Pen Day #FountainPenDay
- International Project Management Day #ProjectManagementDay
- Extra Mile Day #ExtraMileDay
- Go Cook For Your Pets Day #GoCookForYourPetsDay
- Gunpowder Day #GunpowderDay | Guy Fawkes Night #GuyFawkesNight
- Love Your Red Hair Day #LoveYourRedHairDay
- Nachos Day #NachosDay
- Saxophone Day #SaxophoneDay
- Scrapple Day #ScrappleDay
- Chaos Never Dies Day #ChaosNeverDiesDay
- World Freedom Day #FreedomDay
- Tongue Twister Day #TongueTwisterDay
- Sesame Street Day #SesameStreetDay
- The United States Marine Corps Birthday #UnitedStatesMarineCorpsBirthday #USMCDay
- Forget-me-not Day #ForgetMeNotDay
- Vanilla Cupcake Day #VanillaCupcakeDay
- Area Code Day #AreaCodeDay
- World Kindness Day #KindnessDay
- Symphonic Metal Day #SymphonicMetalDay
- Indian Pudding Day #IndianPuddingDay
- Education Support Professionals Day #EducationSupportProfessionalsDay
- Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day #LoosenUpLightenUpDay
- World Diabetes Day #DiabetesDay
- Spicy Guacamole Day #SpicyGuacamloeDay
- Operating Room Nurse Day #OperatingRoomNurseDay
- Pickle Day #PickleDay
- Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day #CleanOutYourRefrigeratorDay
- Spicy Hermit Cookie Day #SpicyHermitCookieDay
- America Recycles Day #AmericaRecyclesDay
- Philanthropy Day #PhilanthropyDay
- Bundt Cake Day #BundtCakeDay
- I Love to Write Day #ILoveToWriteDay
- Have a Party With Your Bear Day #HaveAPartyWithYourBearDay
- Fast Food Day #FastFoodDay
- Button Day #ButtonDay
- International Day for Tolerance #DayForTolerance
- Clarinet Day #ClarinetDay
- Homemade Bread Day #HomemadeBreadDay
- Baklava Day #BaklavaDay
- International Happy Gose Day #HappyGoseDay
- Take a Hike Day #TakeAHikeDay
- World Prematurity Day #PrematurityDay
- Unfriend Day #UnfriendDay
- Petroleum Day #PetroleumDay
- Go For a Ride Day #GoForARideDay
- Cranberry Relish Day #CranberryRelishDay
- Flossing Day #FlossingDay
- Fibonacci Day #FibonacciDay
- Cashew Day #CashewDay
- Eat a Cranberry Day #EatACranberryDay
- Espresso Day #EspressoDay
- Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day #CelebrateYourUniqueTalentDay
- Sardines Day #SardinesDay
- Aura Awareness Day #AuraAwarenessDay
- Shopping Reminder Day #ShoppingReminderDay
- Blasé Day #BlaseDay
- Parfait Day #ParfaitDay
- Cake Day #CakeDay
- Thanksgiving (US) #Thanksgiving
- Turkey-Free Thanksgiving #TurkeyFreeThanksgiving
- French Toast Day #FrenchToastDay
- Day of Mourning #DayOfMourning
- Black Friday #BlackFriday
- Buy Nothing Day #BuyNothingDay
- Electronic Greetings Day #ElectronicGreetingsDay
- Throw Out Your Leftovers #ThrowOutYourLeftoversDay
- Maize Day #MaizeDay
- Square Dancing Day #SquareDancingDay
- Systems Engineer Day #SystemsEngineerDay
- Chocolates Day #ChocolatesDay
- Lemon Cream Pie Day #LemonCreamPieDay
- Day of Listening #DayOfListening
- You’re Welcome Giving Day #YoureWelcomeGivingDay
- Sinkie Day #SinkieDay
If you’re interested in seeing more monthly content similar to this November hashtags, we’ve got you covered. Search the blog section of our website for whichever month you’d like to see and voila, you’re all set.